woensdag 19 maart 2014

Imagination - fairy canvas for Shimmerz


Hello everyone!
Today I want to share a canvas I created for Shimmerz.
I didn't use many Shimmerz on this piece but it shows that
you don't have to use a lot of the paints to create a lovely piece.

For this canvas I only used two colors of Shimmerz:
Tickle me Turquoise and Sunny.
All the flowers and chipboard were also colored with these two colors.


Here is a photo of the background without the embellishments.
I started with some kitchen towel paper.
Tore them in little pieces and crumble them up.
Took some gesso and used the gesso as a glue to create the texture.
Then I added some micro glass beads to some gesso and covered the canvas.
I let it dry completely before adding the Shimmerz.
Put some Shimmerz in random places and added some water to let it run a little and 
also added extra splashes of paint.
When dry, I put on some gesso (using a mini kitchen sponge) on the painted areas
 to lighten the cracks and folds of the paper towel.

Look at that yummy texture!

Here are some close ups of the canvas and the embellishments:

Found this fairy at a local floral shop, isn't she lovely?
Her wings were also colored with the Shimmerz.

Love these colors together!
Turquoise is by far my most favorite color!!



Couldn't help myself, I had to make a card too!! lol
Used the same technique as the canvas.

Hope these projects will inspire you to use some Shimmerz as well!
They are just awesome to work with!

And remember: 
If you place a Shimmerz order make sure you add my name in the 
"Instructions to Merchant" space
 and you will get a FREE sample sized jar of Dazzlerez or Texturez 
or a full sized bottle of Dimensionz of your color choice.
How cool is that!

Let your imagination run and enjoy!
Have a wonderful day!
Ingrid xxx

6 opmerkingen: